In January I committed myself over on our Facebook page to completing the long-promised updates to the Business Objects Query Guide. Last night, technically just one day later than promised, I delivered on that promise.
Many Improvements to Our Most Popular Guide
1) First of all, the hyperlinks within the document are fixed. There are more of them and now they ALL work linking different parts of the document and providing links to the web as well.
2) I include details about Business Objects Business Intelligence platform 4.0, a.k.a. BI 4.0, a.k.a. XI 4.0.
3) Added MetaData.DataConnection to Appendix A’s si_kind cross-reference table.
4) Corrected error regarding “Supplemental” fields (link) such as those in Processing Info.
5) Cleaned-up sample queries and added a couple new queries.
6) The biggest improvement, aside from the fixed hyperlinking is that I added NEW section focussing on the IsAllowed function. This function is great, it allows you to filter query results based on the security rights of a specified user or user group! There is very little written about this function anywhere, and certainly not more than in the Query Builder guide.
Get the Latest Version of the Query Builder Guide
Therefore, if you have not yet purchased your Business Objects Query Guide, now is the time to get it. If you are already reaping the many benefits of owning the Business Objects Query Builder guide, then now is the time to pick up your free upgrade (please see your original purchase email receipt for details, contact me if you can’t find them).